Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Popcorn mishap

So this morning was quite entertaining!

Got to work. Sat around for a while. Klarice tossed me a bag of popcorn. So I went to the breakroom, put it in the microwave, and pushed the 'popcorn' button.

Problem was, it was a mini bag of popcorn.

So I'm sitting there reading a magazine, waiting for it to beep, not paying attention to the pops to tell when to stop. And then I smelt smoke. Greeeeeeeaaaaaaat.

So I look over and there's smoke coming out of the microwave. So I open it, grab the bag, and run it outside to the dumpster. Well the smoke alarm by the back door decided it was going to try to kill me with embarrassment. It went off and that thing is LOUD.

Jamie was in her room sleeping, cause it was slow, so she came out to see what was going on.

Well it took us 15 minutes to figure out how to turn the alarm off. Finally got it off. 2 seconds later we hear the sirens. I turned bright red and said "No!"

The Castle Rock firemen showed up. Klarice went outside to explain what happened. He came in (with his AX) and said "Alright, where's the microwave." So I lead him to the back and he's laughing at me the whole time. If my face didn't give me away, my guilty attitude did.

He checks it out, makes sure nothing's on fire, his partner tells us that if there was a fire we aren't supposed to turn off the alarm. DUH. lol

They help us open all the doors to try to get the smell out. Then they leave, still laughing.

Lol I was sooooo embarrassed. But hey! At least we didn't have any clients and I entertained Klarice and Jamie!

2 comments:

Jerusha Abigail said...

Haha! okay, that's pretty funny. were they at least hot, young firemen?? ;)

Rebecca said...

lol no they were old :(